Saturday, August 16, 2008

An August Saturday


It has been a refreshing day - one in which I have procrastinated - most successfully - at most everything that I should have been doing. But I can't help it. The sun is shining. The locusts are singing. The trees are whispering. And we bought a new bench!

Let me tell you about the bench. It all started this spring when we went to Rick's Garden Center. I was hankering for a replacement bench for our rotting, but once lovely, beauty which sits on the front porch. It was no longer safe and I missed sitting on it waiting for whatever needed to be waited for. We found a nice one at Rick's, and it was on sale, but we weren't ready to buy a bench quite yet. We had to anguish about it for awhile longer. Today we went bench shopping again and returned to Rick's.

There was our bench - only now it was on CLEARANCE! Hoot hoot hoot! I had earned some Rick's Bonus Bucks by emptying out the bank account on so many spring flowers and I was hoping to use it on something we would not normally buy. We don't normally buy benches, so this seemed like a legitimate use for the Bonus Bucks. With the $24 off for the Bonus Bucks plus the low clearance price, the cost for our bench came down to $88.00 (plus an inordinate amount for Ceasar's tax, of course.) We preened and clucked all the way home. Who says that "he who hesitates is lost."

End of story. I like happy endings, don't you?

1 comment:

Tami said...

Vicky, I just love the colors you chose in the graphics for this entry!