Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm Away!!

Here I am in Minneapolis! Although you can't see me, I'm really here - up north where the air is chilly. I think a lot about Gwen Frostic and her beautiful books when I come up here. But actually, that's a lie because I think more about our delicious granddaughters than I do about an irritable woman that I never met. And Gwen Frostic was irritable if I can believe the bio that was written about her.

But back to our granddaughters...they are full of funnies and are so very much funnier than the funny papers because they are guileless. Frances, the Tidy, last night sent me into fits of laughter when she took a drink of water and then, with one finger on each side, pushed on her cheeks. A spray of water came out and shot across the room. Franny stood stock still, just as serious as could be as if she didn't even realize what she had just done. I laughed until tears ran down my face. You really had to be there.

We will be here until Wednesday and then the girls will come home with us for about 10 days. It will be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

But back to Gwen Frostic. Does anyone know about other authors of books like hers? I could spend hours just going over her beautiful artwork. I would love leads to others like her.

Adios for today!

No comments: