Saturday, September 06, 2008

A Weird Saturday

It's Weirdsville around here today. It's tired out even though I took a nap. I knitted a bit on another pair of socks while ignoring the Smoke Ring that I am knitting for my sister (as a gift - shhhh, don't tell.) I actually washed the dishes twice today - which is a record for me since that is my least favorite job along - with about 10 other household tasks. I have been as alert all day as a piece of bark.

Looking at the little squirrel in this picture reminds me of the strangest noise I heard last week. It was a high pitched whirring sound, yet it also sounded like it could be the meow of an abandoned kitten. Since I couldn't figure out what the sound was I decided to go outside to investigate. When I rounded the corner of the house, I saw a squirrel on the branch of the hickory tree just a-scolding away. He was livid and his tail was bobbing up and down so fast it was a blur of agitation! I have no idea what his problem was unless our cat Zelda was hunkered down within his squirrel vision and he was indignant about it. I learned that day that squirrels have a lot of different sounds which they can make, and it would behoove me to be a little more observant.

I'd write more about the sounds that animals make, but I'm too tired. So, I'm going back to my knitting, or maybe to take another nap and make my own sound of snoring.

Graphic above made based on a tutorial by Shan's Designs

No comments: