Thursday, July 03, 2008

The Girls and Their Umbrellas

In June Amanda and the girls came for a visit. When I went to Branson with Amy, I spotted umbrellas at Silver Dollar City which could be personalized! This was just the ticket! I skipped around like a kid at Christmas - so excited I could hardly contain myself. An umbrella is just what Frances wanted for her birthday. I ended up getting umbrellas for both girls. Franny got a glittery white one with pink ruffles on the edge. Her name and "Little One" (her self-designated nickname) was also applied to the surface of the umbrella. For Eleanor, I picked her favorite color, which is yellow and her name was also put on her umbrella. The girls loved them and used them almost every day while they were here for their visit. Frances held her umbrella upright, but Eleanor's would get rather heavy for her and she had a tendency to drag it on the ground.

No comments: