Monday, July 07, 2008

Word from the Lord


"This is My beloved Son, listen to Him!" Mark 9:7b

This morning as I was asking the Lord for help to recenter in Him, this verse popped into my mind.

Siren voices surround me which clamor for attention, and a bewildering array of conflicting emotions accompany those voices. The voices are like waves crashing against the shore of my heart, eroding its groundwork.


We got back last night from our trip to Waverly where we celebrated Jim and Jacqie's 40th anniversary. While there, we visited a short time with my Dad and we stayed with Stan and Diann for the night. We went over to Justin and Malissa's to see the progress of their flood repair work. We met Dad, Lois, Amanda and Michael and girls for brunch and then headed for home. I am always thrown out of whack when we return to Iowa and need to regain my equilibrium when coming back home.


When we met for brunch, I was captivated by the tenderness of Frances' and Eleanor's hands in comparison to the size of their Papa's hand. Papa's little finger, alone, is about half the size of Eleanor's entire hand. This picture is of Franny's hand laid in Papa's. It is a hand that is not quite so restful although she obligingly put her hand in Papa's for Mimi to take the picture!

When the words, "This is my beloved Son, listen to Him!" popped into my mind, I immediately thought of these pictures and knew that I needed to combine them with the encouragement the Lord gave me this morning. My place of stability and help will come from Him as I rest my hand in His and trust in Him to lead me in the way that I am to go.

No comments: